Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's the Deal with Cable TV?

I know one of the supposed advantages of cable shows over network shows is the ability to show more nudity and sexuality, but, really, is it necessary to show so much so often for no other purpose than you can. I just received the first disk of "Game of Thrones" via Netflix and there was a scene of full backside nudity of a young lady as she walked toward her awaiting bath that seemed to really not push the story or plot line forward one iota. There were several other scenes of sexual activity that did little, either. There is a way to do this without actually showing anything. I mean I am not opposed to the human body or its various parts, but I do wonder if this is doing our youngsters any good to parade all this sex about like it means very little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment